Re: Newbie needs help fine tuning sarge

Am 14.06.2005 um 01:38 schrieb j Mak:

> 1  My /apt/sources.list is empty, where can i find
> repository addresses.

There is a tool called "apt-setup", which will help you to make
entries for mirrors near you and/or the cdroms you have.

Of course, you can always edit your sources.list manually later.

> 2.Currntly, I can start synaptic only form the command
> line but not from the menu, how can i fix this.

This depends your desktop or your window manager.  You'll want to
run something like "gksu synaptic" or "kdesu synaptic" in that menu
entry.

> 3.I connet to the internet using pon from the command
> line, is there a   graphical interface for pon.

bbppp, gpppon, maybe more.

Regards,
Dennis

--