Re: Using Cedega

Hi,
you can try with the loader you can find here: http://www.liflg.org/?catid=7&gameid=44

Hope this helps,
MC

Romulo Sousa wrote:

Hi folks,

I would like to run JediKnight Academy at my box cuz I don't wanna to
reboot it and load windows just for games. Speacially cuz it's
crashing all the time and I'm getting crazy with it.
The solution I found for games was Cedega. After some efforts for
finding a .deb package of cedega I could install it.
The problem now is that I can't run the game even mount my cdrom drive
at /mnt/cdrom.
I tried to run it both as root and also as a regular user. For the
first case I had the following message of error:

# cedega /mnt/cdrom/JediAcademy.exe
Your system requires the use of pthreads but the maximum system
allowed stack size of 2052 kB may be too small for some games.
If you experience problems, try rerunning with "-use-pthreads no"
which may help.
Moving all local fonts to /root/.transgaming_global/Fonts and removing
local Fonts directory
Xlib: Invalid MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE-1 key
x11drv: Can't open display: :0.0

Trying to satisfect the OS I typed:

# cedega -use-pthreads no /mnt/cdrom/JediAcademy.exe
Xlib: Invalid MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE-1 key
x11drv: Can't open display: :0.0

So I tried to run a different file:

# cedega -use-pthreads no /mnt/cdrom/autorun.exe
Xlib: Invalid MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE-1 key
x11drv: Can't open display: :0.0

As a regular use I got the following:

$ cedega /mnt/cdrom/JediAcademy.exe
Your system requires the use of pthreads but the maximum system
allowed stack size of 2052 kB may be too small for some games.
If you experience problems, try rerunning with "-use-pthreads no"
which may help.

and no return for the following:

$ cedega -use-pthreads no /mnt/cdrom/JediAcademy.exe

Since this game is supported by Cedega, I have no idea how I can
install it cuz it has 2 cd's. I've read things like "open two
terminals (Konsole in case you use KDE) and one of them must be root".

Anyway, I need some help here. Whatever docs should be welcome as well.

Best regards,

Romulo Sousa