Re: woody->sarge failed: out pf disk space

On Sat, 11 Jun 2005 17:30:11 +0200, Hendrik Boom wrote:
> After 18 hours of upgrading on my very slow 100 MHz Pentium,
> it ended up producing an unending stream of
>
> multilog: warning: unable to write to /var/log/svscan/current. pausing: out of disk space

The few times I've run out of space on an upgrade, repeated calls of
'apt-get clean' followed by 'aptitude upgrade' have sorted things out
well enough. If you run apt-get clean, that'll delete all the .deb
files that have been downloaded to your system and free up quite a bit
of space (especially for a major upgrade).

--
Stephen Patterson steve@patter.mine.nu http://patter.mine.nu/
Linux Counter No: 142831 GPG Public key: E3E8E974