Re: Things I've learned about Firefox ( was "Firefox broken")

> I did a bunch of dumb things - reinstalling from scratch, trying
> symlinks to my old profile directory, etc. - and then 'discovered' (I
> know, I should have RTF man page sooner!) that Firefox can be launched
> in safe mode ('firefox -safe-mode') and that I could decide which
> profile to use ('firefox -P profile -safe-mode').

Thanks, this is good to know.  I got out of the habit of reading the
Mozilla manual way back around Moz 1.0, because there was almost nothing
in it.  All of the non-trivial information was scattered around HOWTO
pages on the net.  Some of that is still true, but clearly Firefox has a
real manual.  Worth remembering.