Re: Disable power button in Linux

On Mon, Jun 13, 2005 at 01:51:34PM +0300, Chavdar Videff wrote:
> I have memories that I did disable this behavoiur but do not
> remember how.
> The system is Debian Unstable, the MB is Intel 815 something.

Assuming you're using ACPI, /etc/acpi/events/powerbtn maps the event to
a script, which is probably /etc/acpi/powerbtn.sh.

You can remove the mapping or edit the script to disable it.  For
mapping changes, a restart of acpid may be needed.

Your sons method of restarting it would be fine too -- one last time
anyway.
--
John M Flinchbaugh
john@hjsoft.com