Re: sarge: post-install sata drive cause startup failure

Sorry, I triggered the send button before finishing. Here is the full story:

My installation procedure is as follows:
1. Install Sarge with a single IDE drive attached to the machine;
2. after a successful installation, attached a SATA drive the machine,
did cfdisk/mke2fs, added into /etc/fstab to make /dev/sda1 mount at
startup.
3. restarted machine again, here is the error message (roughly):

Device /dev/sda1 doesn't exist or invalid
fsck failed. Please repair manually.
CONTROL-D will exit from this shell and continue system startup

Yet if I remove the line in /etc/fstab, and the startup will be okay
and I can manually do "fdisk -l /dev/sda" and mount /dev/sda1 without
any problem. So my suspicion is that the related ata kernel modules
are not loaded when fsck tries to look into the drive. I'm also
suspecting this problem wont happen if the sata drive were present at
the time of installing sarge. So now how can fix this problem at the
post-install stage? I'll probably looking the modprobe family of
tools...

-jd