Re: Request for window manager recommendations

On 2005-06-13, Anders Breindahl wrote:
> On Monday 13 June 2005 00:38, herminio@gmail.com wrote:
>> Have just finished installing sarge (am a first-time debian user, very
>> impressed), and now am chosing a window manager. I have fond memories
>> of using a little-known WM called VTWM on SunOS, but that was almost 10
>> years ago now. I'm guessing the are other, at least equally noteworthy
>> WM's around.
>>
>> Not so keen on KDE/GNOME because as I understand they are somewhat
>> CPU-intensive and take longer to load than the traditional WMs.
>>
>> A personal recommendation of your favourite window manager would be
>> much appreciated.
>
> Well -- I like wmaker, so that'd be my recommendation. Quite lightweight, a
> part of the GNU project, and awesome if you never maximize windows -- like
> me. :)

    And just as good if you do maximize windows -- like me. I usually
    have one to four maximized windows on each of 10 desktops.

    What I like most about WindowMaker is its configurability. Recent
    versions of KDE have, perhaps, caught up with it.

--
    Chris F.A. Johnson                     <http://cfaj.freeshell.org>
    Shell Scripting Recipes: A Problem-Solution Approach, 2005, Apress