Re: Gnome menus

Arthur Barlow wrote:
> After updating the latest set of Gnome libraries for Debian unstable, I
> noticed that the "Applications" menu and submenus have changed.  However,
> Iam not able to right click and delete an item.  Enough when I log in as
> root I don't have this functionality.  Any suggestions?

It's a sort of feature. GNOME 2.10 uses the new freedesktop.org
blessed menu system, and the functionality for editing or removing
menu entrys was never completed for the 2.10 release.

There is a third party menu editor called Smeg available, (and an
official on it's way too I guess).
http://www.realistanew.com/category/projects/smeg/

So far there are only Ubuntu packages available. If I'm not mistaken
these needs to be ported to Debian since they depend on a newer version
of python-xdg and python2.4-gtk2.

If you want to edit the menus manually, the relevent files are in
/usr/share/applications/ and /etc/xdg/menus/ and
~/.local/share/applications/

--
Cheers,
Sven Arvidsson