Re: Newbie cannot start graphical desktop

--- Kent West <westk@acu.edu> wrote:

> j Mak wrote:
>
> >--- Kent West <westk@acu.edu> wrote:
> >

> >>It looks like you don't have X [completely]
> >>installed.
> >>
> >>Try "aptitude install x-window-system".
> >>

> >I tried the aptitude install x-window-system and i
> got
> >the following message:
> >
> >No candidate version found for x-windows-system
> >No packages will be installed, upgraded or removed
> >

> The error message you report indicates that you
> typed "aptitude install
> x-windows-system" instead of "aptitude install
> x-window-system". That
> extra "s" will make all the difference in the world.

Thanks Kent

The problem is that I cannot make my Internet
connection work with sarge. The only way I can
download that file either with Knoppix or windows as
an independent debian package, burn it into a cd and
install it from there. Or from the install cd. I have
cd 1 and 2. I wonder that the x-window-system package
is on the install cd.

jozsefmak