Re: Live Radar Image as KDE Screensaver

On Sun, 12 Jun 2005 07:33:09 -0500
Kent West <westk@acu.edu> wrote:

> Does anyone know of a way to grab a live weather radar image from a
> public source (like NOAA or weather.com) and use it as a screensaver
> in KDE?
>
> Thanks!

I'm pretty sure those sites don't really have live radar, but rather
updated images every so often.  That said, I'm not sure how you'd work
it onto the KDE desktop, but Gkrellkam is useful for bringing in those
images.  Gqview, as the preferred image viewer of same will set the
background wallpaper (at least for IceWM and Xfce4) to a chosen image.
Perhaps a cron job could combine these two actions and run every fifteen
minutes or so.
It wouldn't be a screensaver, but...

Cybe R. Wizard
--