Re: Newbie cannot start graphical desktop

j Mak:

> I logged in with Knoppix and I searched the sarge
> partition for the file you mentioned, but I found no
> Xfree86.0.log file in the /var/log directory.

Kent was right, you need to install the xserver first. The easiest thing
for you to do is to run tasksel as root and select the "desktop
environment" task. That gives you a complete X Server, Gnome and KDE.

--
We are lining up to see you fall flat on your face.
[Agree]   [Disagree]