Re: Live Radar Image as KDE Screensaver

On Sunday 12 Jun 2005 13:33, Kent West wrote:
> Does anyone know of a way to grab a live weather radar image from a
> public source (like NOAA or weather.com) and use it as a screensaver in
> KDE?

I don't know of any exactly, but there are scripts available for xplanet (or
one of those similar tools) that will download cloud maps, earthquake maps,
satellite orbits, etc.  You can then run the program with various args to
generate a background image containing all that, for KDE.

I had it setup a while back to randomly show different parts of the globe, but
with an ability to toggle a lock onto my own country from a panel icon.
You'd need to do a bit of scripting for that though, and I didn't keep it.

In summary, it was fun to try just for the geek factor, but ultimately quite
useless ;)

--
Lee.

Please do not CC replies directly to me.  I'll read them on the list.