Re: palm sync

Meni Shapiro wrote:

> Hi Guys,
> Anybody here synced his palm zire72 with the gui 'plamOS devices' ??
> I somehow couldn't...
> my palm syncs through a usb cable (no cradle...) and tried all the
> default /dev/ttys* ?
> I even tried /dev/input/ts* with no success!!
>
> What port should i use??

Not a Zire, but a Visor. It's been a while, but the port I had to use
was something like /dev/usb1 or something similar that was USB-ish. The
port itself did not exist until you hit the hotsync button on the Visor,
and once the hotsync process was finished, the port disappeared again. I
think the file systems have changed since then (using devfs, or
something, which I've never understood) and improvements have been made,
but like I say, I haven't done it in a couple of years, so I'm not sure
of the specifics nowadays.

--
Kent