Re: debian sources to debian binaries.

On Saturday 11 June 2005 07:56 pm, nuno romano wrote:
> When trying to build binary .deb packages from debian
> sources I get the following warning:(the same with
> gtkhtml3)
>
> dpkg-deb: parse error in file `fltk-1.1.6/
> /DEBIAN/control´
>           near line 8
>       missing package name
>
> I did : dpkg-deb --build fltk-1.1.6/  ,after applying
> the
>         patch and changing the name of the directory
> debian
>         to DEBIAN(with debian ...no such file or
> directory)
>
> How we can build a .deb binary package from debian
> sources is
> not very clear,even reading man dpkg,man dpkg-deb etc.
>

> __________________________________
> Discover Yahoo!
> Find restaurants, movies, travel and more fun for the weekend. Check it
> out! http://discover.yahoo.com/weekend.html

Assuming by "Debian sources" you mean something from "apt-get source
<packagename>", cd'ing into the directory created by the "apt-get source.."
and then executing "debuild" ( from the devscripts package) will build the
deb(s). Ignore the GPG errors; you can't sign the package since you're not
the maintainer, but it will still be created.

--
Ryan Schultz
-> floating point exception: divide by cucumber