Re: knoppix -> sarge possible?

Is it possible to "upgrade" my Knoppix 3.8.1 (on CD) to sarge without a clean install?

DON'T DO IT! No one would recommend it! When I first started, I had a lot of trouble with installing Debian (my problem - It's easy now!). So I installed Knoppix (easy), changed my sources.list to the main USA Debian repository of the sid distro, and ran apt-get update and dist-upgrade. It worked OK for awhile, but I eventually had problems and finally learned how to install "the real thing" - You can't beat it!

- John