Re: Plonking

On Friday 10 June 2005 10:17 pm, Paul Johnson wrote:
> On Friday June 10 2005 8:08 am, Phil Dyer wrote:
> > plonk!
>
> Oh, please.  Can we possibly get any more childish?  Please don't
> advertise your filters, it tends to cause headers to evolve.

I have to agree with Paul 100% on this one.  I've noticed that Paul and I are
completely opposed on the top posting issue, but one point I have to give him
a lot of credit for: his replies show he's not just ignoring opposing points
of view.  It's clear he reads the whole thing, then responds.

Most people on this thread seem to be doing the same thing.

There's no need to advertise and say, "I don't want to read this because I
don't like what it says, or I'm opposed to it, or I just don't care."

Even the emotionally disturbed junior high students I used to teach know that
is about the same as jamming your fingers in your ears and singing loudly --
and they know how childish that is, too.

Hal