Re: Problems using bittorrent

On Friday 10 June 2005 22:28, Robert Wolfe wrote:
> On Fri, 10 Jun 2005, shatam bhattacharya wrote:
> > hello list,
>
>             I am using a DSL-502T (Dlink make) router with a Realtek
> ethernet card to connect to the net on a sarge system. The settings are
> working fine. Recently I installed bittorrent by apt apt-get install
> bittorrent-gui.
> But when ever I try to down load any file, using
> btdownloadgui abc.torrent
> it starts allright but after 20 or 30 % the download stops. curiously it
> starts uploading and the process hangs at that stage. Any clues Shatam
> bhattacharya
>
> Did you leave the torrent client running?  I know that the Windoze client
> does that sometimes, too, if there are not that many people serving.

 hello shatam,

               Its a better move to use bittornado-gui
to fire it up use  /usr/bin/btdownloadgui
All so you need to open a small port range say 1000 to 1005 on the router and
port forward this to the box with the bittornado on it. The box that runs
your bittornado client need to be on a stactic ip so the the port forwarding
get the right ip. The bittornado client needs its port range setting to the
same you setup on the router.

http://www.mininova.org/

  All the best torrents to you

                     peter colton