Re: Sudden constant spoofing of my address

On Fri, Jun 10, 2005 at 10:57:48PM +0200, David Jardine wrote:

> > This is why I wish I could get my non-techie friends and family to use
> > GPG.  Alas, it is hopeless.
>
> I had this problem a week or two ago (I think I reported it in
> panic on this list).  It went away as suddenly as it appeared, but
> I'd be interested to know how GPG solves the problem - and what the
> best source of documentation is for GPG.

If everyone you know signs their mail with their own GPG key or encrypts
it to you with yours, then do the following:

1. Have your spam filter score signed and/or encrypted messages much
higher than those that are not.
2. Filter signed and/or encrypted messages to some specific folder.
3. Tell people that you *always* GPG sign your messages or encrypt to
them and that if they receive a message "from" your email address that
is neither signed nor encrypted, they can safely discard it without even
looking.

It is by no means perfect, but it makes sense.

-Roberto

--
Roberto C. Sanchez
http://familiasanchez.net/~sanchezr