Re: Top posting

On Fri, Jun 10, 2005 at 11:02:28AM -0700, Ben Chong wrote:

> So top posting or bottom posting? It's like pornography: if u don't
> like it, don't read it. But please don't impose your morality on the
> rest of us.

Except that it is not morality.  It is practicality in this case.  If
you want to maximize the potential help you can get, bottom posting is
the way to do it in this forum.

I occasionally come into a thread somewhere in the middle or participate
in multiple branches of a thread with common origin.  In cases like that
is quite useful to have the pretinent parts of the thread quoted at the
top.  That doesn't mean 15 levels of quoting, just what is necessary to
give context.

Personally, I don't like it when people top post.  But I don't get all
crazy on them about it.  I just ignore such messages.  It's that easy.

-Roberto

--
Roberto C. Sanchez
http://familiasanchez.net/~sanchezr