Strange Kern.log Message And I'm having Trouble On both Woody And Sarge

Can, or would, someone please advise what these kern.log messages mean(see below)? I have unresolved woody and sarge issues that might be related-no functioning tty consoles on either and now no kde GUI on woody. The ttys on sarge have a dark screen, the mouse pointer is active(gpm active), I can hold the left mouse botton down and scroll the screen with a greyish granulated background being uncovered, there is a blinking ,dash or underscore, character like a prompt that randomly jumps around the screen, but no typing shows on the screen anywhere. On woody bootup, bootmessages start and proceed for a while but degrade to a multicolored pixelated lines across the screen that scrool as if the boot messages were being printed and I never see the GUI login screen, sometimes getting a can't start X message. I have reconfigured xserver-xfree86, but still no ttys on either kernel bootup and no X on woody. Lucky for me, I can still use sarge's X and KDE.
My 2 posts: http://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2005/06/msg00336.html and
http://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2005/06/msg00343.html describe my situation and were not resolved. They show up on the bottom of page 1 of the June listings if someone cares to review them. I would much appreciate any enlightenment you can give me concerning the kern.log messages shown below:

Jun 5 23:02:58 ChatagnierL-Home kernel: Device 'vesafb0' does not have a release() function, i
t is broken and must be fixed.
Jun 5 23:02:58 ChatagnierL-Home kernel: Badness in device_release at drivers/base/core.c:85 Jun 5 23:02:58 ChatagnierL-Home kernel: [kobject_cleanup+152/160] kobject_cleanup+0x98/0xa0 Jun 5 23:02:58 ChatagnierL-Home kernel: [__crc___dev_get_by_flags+1623725/3271140] vesafb_exi
t+0xf/0x1d [vesafb]
Jun 5 23:02:58 ChatagnierL-Home kernel: [sys_delete_module+304/384] sys_delete_module+0x130/0
x180
Jun 5 23:02:58 ChatagnierL-Home kernel: [do_munmap+347/432] do_munmap+0x15b/0x1b0 Jun 5 23:02:58 ChatagnierL-Home kernel: [syscall_call+7/11] syscall_call+0x7/0xb

Thanks in advance for any and all input. BTW, tried to modprobe -r vesafb, no errors but no improvement and have googled for vesafb error -6 and only found something in Russian that might be related. If anyhone can tell
me what the error -6 means, I'd be most grateful.

Leonard Chatagnier