Re: nonwiping netinstall

On Wed, Jun 08, 2005 at 11:44:53AM -0400, Robert Wolfe wrote:
> On Wed, 8 Jun 2005, Hendrik Boom wrote:
>
> >Is there any way to use the new net-installer *without*
> >wiping clean the partition being installed to?
>
> Not that I know of.  Are you trying to upgrade an existing Debian
> installation by any chance?

I have a machine with a working, up-to-date sarge and a dead woody.
(woody boots but will not access the net -- I suspect it doesn't
have the right driver after a hardware upgrade)
I wanted to start a testing installation to replace woody.
Unfortunately, all the user files are on the pertition with the dead woody.
I'd like to reduce the number of necessary backups by one.

-- hendrik