Re: Confused-New Stable Sarge Dist-Upgrade

[snip]

> Phil said:
> >>Your / partition is where /lib lives, and you've only got ~18MB. I'd say
> >>your modules directory should take up more than that. 30MB+. Prolly not
> >>enough space.
>

> Hey Phil, thanks, that explains it.  Now how to get more space on /?  I
> could resize partitions with cfdisk and probably mess things up.  You
> have a more newbie(noobie) frendly way of doing this?  Any thought or
> suggestions
> will be much appreciated.

[snip]

Well, you could try the old link trick. First of all locate the biggest
directory(ies) residing in /, e.g.

du -sh /*

then, move that directory and all of its contents to a bigger
partition, where space is not a problem, e.g.

cp -R /big_dir /scratch/

then create a link in / with the old dir name, and pointing to the new
location, e.g.

ln -s /scratch/big_dir /big_dir

Yes, it is a dirty trick, but will save your day until you repartition
properly (say, when reinstalling the whole system).

HTH,

     Basajaun