Re: Synaptic

On 06/07/2005 11:09:04 AM, Roberto C. Sanchez wrote:
On Tue, Jun 07, 2005 at 04:53:05PM +0000, Pedro M (Morphix User)
wrote:
> I cannot use Synaptic in my hard disk installed Morphix (Debian).
>
> When I select the programs to download the program closes itself.
>
> Regards.

Start it from a terminal window with strace:

# strace synaptic >~/synaptic.out 2>&1

Then zip the file with gzip and post it to the list or make it
available
on the web somwhere.

-Roberto

--
Roberto C. Sanchez
http://familiasanchez.net/~sanchezr

I had the same problem and i just logged in as root, opened terminal window and did apt-get install synaptic to get the latest version. Worked for me. :-)

of course if you have version => .55 then your pretty much up to date anyway and Robertos' idea would be best..

cheers..
mr mike..