Re: iptables problem

On Jun 04 2005, Luis R Finotti wrote:
> After that iptables is not working anymore.  Here is a the errors that I
> get:
(...)

Before you try more drastic changes (like installing a new kernel -- see
below), can you try running "depmod" as root?

If you have problems trying to insert the module after that, then, please
report back.

The problem loading the ip_conntrack module you are seeing is
quite possibly due to a mismatch between the installations of the kernel
that you had.

Another possibility would be to install another completely different
version of the kernel (like, say, 2.6.11, which has many improvements over
2.6.8, BTW).

> Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  (Google did not help...)

Hope this helps, Rogério.

P.S.: I don't use the kernels provided by Debian -- I don't like having my
system using initrd's which is, AFAIK, what distributions' packaged kernels
tend to use.
Homepage on freshmeat:  http://freshmeat.net/projects/algorithms/