Re: ntpdate & script to update host at random time

jmr_071769 wrote:
hello again with a debian question.

i'd like to be able to have a few machines 'apt-get update' themselves
at a random time near/around midnight. how can i go about this with
another easy script?

tia!

-jeff

See my message in debian-user archives with the subject
"My local debian archive maintenance scripts" posted on May 12.
My scripts don't run apt-get but update my local debian archive
each morning when the cron.daily scripts run.  You can modify
them according to your requirements.