faubackup 0.5.8

Hi All,

I have gone from Debian stable to Debian unstable, downloaded faubachup
0.5.8, which updated libc etc when I did apt-get install faubackup.

I have also downloaded the 2.6.11.7 Linux tarball, run "make-kpkg binary",
installed and are running the resulting kernel. The 2.4 series of kernels do
not seem the recognize the USB drive /dev/sda1.

When running faubackup onto the external USB hard drive, I get complete
copies of the files instead of hard syslinks to the files already backup up.

Can anybody suggest what is going on?

Thanks in advance

Stephen Grant Brown.