Re: /etc/modprobe.d/sound does't work

On 6/2/05, Cameron Matheson <cmatheson3@yahoo.com> wrote:
hi,

i'm not too clear on this... but have you even tried
manually removing the bad sound driver and try to
'insmod' the other ones?  I would at least try to make
sure it works before going for some kind of permanent
configuration.

good luck,
Cameron Matheson

I try to install oss (opensound). Every time I start the oss install program, it complains about sound driver already running which I removed beforehand and 'lsmod' shows that the old driver back again. Very annoying. Any idea?