Help!!! gnome-spell for Evolution 2.0 running on Kanotix/Debian

Hi,

I know there is quite a nasty amount of threads all over the place about
the Evolution spell checking matter but none applies to my problem.

I have recently migrated from Mozilla-thunderbird to Evolution 2.0. I'am
running it on a Kanotix/Debian machine. As many of the other threads
suggested I have also installed gnome-spell using apt-get install. But,
still the window in Tool|Settings|Composer Options|Spell checking does
not show anything. The enable button is also greyed out.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

I like Evolution alot but the without a spell checker...well, I don't
know.

Cheers,

--
Stephan Sandenbergh