Re: Will Sid go nuts?

On 6/2/05, Lee Braiden <jel@tundra.ath.cx> wrote:
> On Thursday 02 Jun 2005 01:34, Patrick Wiseman wrote:
> > I _had_ planned on just staying with 'testing' in my sources.list.  Is
> > that a bad idea?
>
> I think Patrick might be referring to switching from sid to testing for a
> while, until things settle again.  Is that right, Patrick?

No - the original poster suggested that both testing and unstable were
problematic after the last stable release.  So I was concerned that
the new 'testing' would be flaky for a while.  I've found the current
testing, which I've had in my sources.list for a couple of years now,
mostly reliable, with the occasional glitch.  I can continue to live
with that.  In other words, cutting edge is OK, but bleeding edge is a
bit too much for me!

Thanks for everyone's advice.  I think I'll stick with testing for now.

Patrick