texinfo incompatibility with old versions

When I tried to make documentation for gnuplotfortran package there were some errors from texi2pdf command. I reported the bug in sourceforge and the maintainer is unable to reproduce the problem.

Can someone reproduce the following bug (better still offer a solution) with gnuplotfortran package.

https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1212240&group_id=107705&atid=648697

Apparently, this problem occurs only with newer versions of texi2pdf (part of texinfo package) and I am wondering if it is infact a bug with newer texinfo.

thanks
raju