Re: tun failing: SIOCSIFADDR: No such device

On Tue, May 31, 2005 at 09:05:18PM +1000, Geoff Reidy wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am running sid and since upgrading kernel-image-2.6.11-1-k7 from version
> 2.6.11-3 to 2.6.11-5 I can't get a tun interface to work.
> The tun module is loaded and the device is there:
>
> crw-rw----  1 root root 10, 200 2005-05-31 20:25 /dev/net/tun
>
> but the interface won't come up:
>
> # ifconfig tun0 127.20.0.1
> SIOCSIFADDR: No such device
> tun0: ERROR while getting interface flags: No such device
>
> Is it a bug or have I broken something?

Have you tried Google?  It could be one of several things and there are
literally hundreds of mailing list and support forum posts encompassing
pretty much every version of the kernel on every distro out there.  Try
that first.

-Roberto

--
Roberto C. Sanchez