Re: fortune bug ?

On 5/31/05, Lee Braiden <jel@tundra.ath.cx> wrote:
> On Tuesday 31 May 2005 10:42, Aurélien Campéas wrote:
> > aurelien@eve:~$ fortune
> > fortune: bad juju in is_existant: Permission denied
>
> Are you getting that continuously, every time you run it?  Because fortune
> does throw out "funny" error messages sometimes...

I think this is an actual error, fortune prints these fakes:

$ fortune -m fortune:
(computers)
%
fortune: cannot execute.  Out of cookies.
%
fortune: cpu time/usefulness ratio too high -- core dumped.
%
fortune: No such file or directory
%
fortune: not found
%
My little brother got this fortune:
        nohup rm -fr /&
So he did...
%
(definitions)
%
3rd Law of Computing:
        Anything that can go wr
fortune: Segmentation violation -- Core dumped
%

And there are no matches for the term 'juju'.

Maybe try re-installing the various fortune packages, maybe one of the
files has become corrupted.