Re: How to move debian from one drive to another and keep it working?

, but the installer didn't recognize the card, so I was forced to install Debian to the old drive.  Then, the installer installed a kernel that _did_ recognize the PCI controller, so now that Debian is installed to the wrong place I am able to partition and use the drive where I wanted Debian to be in the first place!

There's a package out there called Mondo that may help you automate
things a bit...
--
Regards, Dave
You have the power to influence all with whom you come in contact.