Re: Re: gnome and kde conflicts?

> Incoming from Lei Kong:
> >
> > I like the consistent look across kde and gtk applications offered by
> > this feature, but with this enabled, gnome doesn't start any more.
>
> The first thing you should be offering people who might be able to
> help you is error messages.  Does ~/.xsession-errors exist?  With the
> line "env > ~/.xenv" in ~/.xsession (or ~/.xinitrc, if that's what you
> use), what's in ~/.xenv?  Also see /var/log/XFree86*.  Do everything
> you can think of to trap error messages.  _Then_ we (or someone) might
> be able to help.
>
> Personally, I choose to avoid the living daylights out of both of them
> (there are many far less finicky environments out there), but that's
> neither here nor there.

Here you go:
Xsession: X session started for konglei at Sat May 28 15:14:04 EDT 2005
SESSION_MANAGER=local/puma:/tmp/.ICE-unix/5202
Gnome-Message: gnome_execute_async_with_env_fds: returning -1
Gnome-Message: gnome_execute_async_with_env_fds: returning -1
Not initializing the Gtk-Qt theme engine

It seems gnome is trying to start qt engine, which is not available in gnome?