Kernel Headers

Hi All,

This project has been on the backburner for about the last six months.

I brought an external disk drive to save backups onto to.

Stable Debian Linux cannot see the external disk drive.

The RIP CD can.

I copied the kernel and modules from the RIP CD into Debian Linux and then
rebooted Debian Linux with the new kernel.

I also installed faubackup onto Debian Linux which stores the full file
again instead of symbolic links onto the backup drive.

I got the latest tarball of faubackup and installed it.

Same deal.

Got tarball of Linux Kernel 2.6.11.7, and compilled and installed it.

Modules do not work.

Tried to re-install tarball of faubackup but it fails too.

How do I correctly install the Linux Kernel tarball, the faubackup tarball
and the correct header files? If it is RTFM, which one do I read and where
do I find it?

Thanks in advance for your help?

Stephen Grant Brown