make-dpkg w/ 2.6.11.10 & UML+SKAS+SELinux (no modules)

First time posting, long time follower :)

Running into a very odd error with make-dpkg. Honestly, I usually compile manually, however I'm following a wonderfully detailed HOWTO[0] for creating a SELinux enabled UML system and would like to keep to the examples.

In any case, I have no modules enabled within this kernel configuration, all steps in the how-to have been followed, and I'm getting this error spit out:

mjh@beta:/usr/local/src/kernel/uml-2.6.11.10$ time make-kpkg --arch=um --rootcmd=fakeroot kernel_image
fakeroot /usr/bin/make -f /usr/share/kernel-package/rules real_stamp_image
make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/local/src/kernel/uml-2.6.11.10'
[snip]
mv /usr/local/src/kernel/uml-2.6.11.10/debian/tmp-image/lib/modules/* debian/tmp-image/usr/lib/uml/modules/ -v mv: cannot stat `/usr/local/src/kernel/uml-2.6.11.10/debian/tmp-image/lib/modules/*': No such file or directory
make[1]: *** [real_stamp_image] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/src/kernel/uml-2.6.11.10'
make: *** [kernel-image-deb] Error 2

The oddity here, is that no - the directory does not exist, however it shouldn't exist as I have NO MODULES configured, I've gone through the .config I saved and verified there are no =m in the darn thing.

Most of the searches I've done for this error don't seem to be resolved, most just recommend not compiling the kernel "the debian way", but I'm trying to stay pure here since this is the guest kernel that will be pushed across many UMLs.

Thanks in advance for any guidance!

-Matthew

0.
Annotated HOWTO for creating SELinux enabled UML system
http://www.golden-gryphon.com/software/security/selinux-uml.xhtml