ecasound features slow recording

Hello list,

I've stumbled upon a problem with no clue of my own on where to start looking for a solution.

I am converting some old tapes into wav files. The box is a Celeron 700 with the latest update of testing, ALSA to control the Intel 82810 sound chip on board. Direct to disk recording is done with ecasound and the following options: -t 1800 -i alsahw,0,0 -o filename.wav. A song which lasts 4'35" on tape ends up as a 5'03" wave file, so much slower and dropped in tone. Is this an ecasound problem, ALSA problem, or both?

I tried to record with an Terratec EWX 24/96, which is the second card in the box, but ecasound refuses to take -i alsahw,1,0 which I don't understand as card works fine for playback. Using JACK everything works like a charm, even recording with the Terratec, but I am stubborn and still want to know what I am doing wrong.

Lend me your brains, pleaze!

Hans