Re: mount: unknown filesystem type 'nfs'

What about installing a newer kernel?

apt-cache search kernel-image-2.4

choose the one which suites you

apt-get install kernel-image-2.4.27-2-k7 # for example

Don't wipe your old kernel yet. Edit /etc/lilo.conf (or
/boot/grub/menu.lst), rerun lilo and reboot.

Hope it helps ...
Ionut

--
* Ionuţ Georgescu