Re: mount: unknown filesystem type 'nfs'

When I try to mount an NFS filesystem, I get this error:

mount: unknown filesystem type 'nfs'

Something must not be loaded.  What do you get by running "rpcinfo -p"?

On host2 (the client), I get:
    program vers proto   port
     100000    2   tcp    111  portmapper
     100000    2   udp    111  portmapper
     100024    1   udp    704  status
     100024    1   tcp    707  status

Lack of mountd here is suspicious, because its mount that's not
recognizing nfs (apparently, not that I'm any nfs expert.)  You
can try to manually start its init script in /etc/init.d/.   (I've
got one file there called mountnfs.sh, which may be the one you need.)

I ran /etc/init.d/mountnfs.sh, but it didn't do any good. It looks like it just mounts any NFS filesystems that are listed in /etc/fstab. Mine aren't there; I'm just using mount on the command line.

--df