Re: CUPS? Printer.

Is cupsd daemon running?

# /etc/init.d/cupsys restart

-ishwar

On Mon, 23 May 2005, David R. Litwin wrote:

> My print manager will not work. Going to http://localhost:631 does not work:
It times out with out doing a thing.

It used to work. I have downloaded the hpijs 1.7.1 driver for HP DeskJet
842C. I think either this shall be a very easy thing to solve: Or, very
hard.

Thank you in advance.

By the bye, when this is solved: My printer is capable of full Duplex
(double-sided) printing: Yet, when I installed the driver, it did not have
that option (it was greyed out). How will I solve this?

Thank you again.

--
—Moose Moose Jam Sausage Meow-Mix.
—My Hover-Craft is Full of Eels.