OT: Lost partitions on sata disks

We have an Intel server board with 2 SATA hdds. Tho it had the other
OS, but suddenly both the hard disks won't boot (They were in SATA
Raid). After putting the Raid driver again, now the drives show up
with unallocated space. The partition info is gone. A few days ago,
booting using a debian CD, we were able to see the partitions as well
as mount them, but now they are gone.

We installed debian on a spare hard disk and also have a similar sized
SATA hard disk to backup anything. I tried some windoze tools fo rdata
recovery but they fail to recognize the partitions. Linux' testdisk is
able to show the ntfs partitions.

I am dumping one of the hdd partition on to the spare sata drive. But
after this, is it possible to recover them using testdisk or any other
such utility?

Regards,
Deboo

--
Please don't Cc: me, I'm subscribed to the list.