Re: poor font rendering in white-over-black (eg Mutt)

hi

what about this other small snippet of text (in attachment)?

on my CRT screen the word "mailbox" is divided in two parts,
the left part "mail" (and the vertical bar in the "b") is lighter
the right part "box" is darker.

I tried to enlarge it, and indeed in the left part many points have
a gray value of 170/255 whereas on the right part
the lightest point is 135/255

what do you see?

---
actually, the way you see my snippet depends on wheter you properly calibrated
the CRT (if you have a CRT... LCD has  quite different response)

to properly calibrate the CRT,  there are many tutorials
around...you may google around...

----

I could partially improve the above problem
by changing in Profiles/colors/scheme
from "Linux Console" to "XTerm"
This uses brightest colors, so the darkest parts in the