Re: html to pdf conversion

on Mon, May 23, 2005 at 02:59:19PM -0400, Deboo ^ (knowledgeful@gmail.com) wrote:
> Is there a html to pdf converter utility/script or any such thing
> available for debian? I could not find using apt search.

You've got HTML to PS.  Then PS to PDF is trivial.  The GS scripts
require an input and output file

    sudo aptitude install html2ps gs-common
    for f in *.html
    do
        # Names of PS & PDF
        $fpdf=$( echo $f | sed -e 's/\.html/.pdf/' )
        html2ps $f - | ps2pdf - $fpdf
    done

Note that what you get out _won't_ in all likelihood look much like the
original HTML.  It's going to be a largely unstyled, though if your
document includes contextual markup (e.g.:  <h1> <h2>, etc.) rather than
stupid box-and-font tricks, it should be highly readable and will get
its own automajick ToC stuff.  You won't get pretty colors and all that
jazz.

Oooh....  Unless you RTFM.  Neat, I just learned some stuff :-)

Peace.

    Free Software Primer -- concepts you need to understand
    http://twiki.iwethey.org/Main/FreeSoftwarePrimer