Re: No "Beep" from PC Speaker

Kenneth Jacker wrote:
[sarge; 2.6.8-2-686; KDE; SBL!]

I can't get my PC speaker to "beep" in a "console" or "Konsole"
session ... I guess there are worse problems!  ;-)

Anyway, this,

        $ echo <CNTRL>-v<CNTRL>-g

produces no sound.  Neither does 'xalarm' with the "-alarmaudio beep" option.

I've enabled it via 'alsamixer', checked 'xset' and various KDE "sound
options", but still hear nothing.

Most likely I've turned it off somewhere else, but just don't know where ...

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

Possibly because PC Speaker support (INPUT_PCSPKR) is not enabled in
your kernel or the corresponding module is not loaded.  (Why the kernel
configuration routines consider the PC speaker an "input device" is a
separate mystery, unless it contributed to your not finding this option
and consequently not running this driver.)