Re:Configuring X on Intel 82845 gl board

>I wonder if that blank "search" line is causing problems.
>Also, is 192.168.1.1 a real DNS server? I suspect that is pointing to
>your router, and I suspect it should be pointing to your ISP's DNS
>server(s). That might be configurable in your router's web interface, or
>you can just change your resolv.conf file for a quick test. Here's my
>file for comparison.
>
>Fri May 20    13:49:54
>-------------
>westk[@westek]:/home/westk:> cat /etc/resolv.conf
>search campus.acu.edu
>nameserver 150.252.xxx.y11
>nameserver 150.252.xxx.y22
>
>(where xxx.... are real numbers)
volla !!!!
I replaced the nameserver with that given in my DSL interface and apt update is working...THANKS FOR THE HELP.
Now I will try to update X(for Intel 845). By the way, when I try apt-get install a lot of dependency problems show up on the screen. Is this configurable or should I resolve the dependencies by hand ???

Thanks a lot.
Shatam