Re: No sound (no /dev/dsp) on newly installed 2.6.8-2-386 with Intel 82801.

Adam Funk wrote:

> I've just installed Debian testing on a new computer but I can't get the
> sound to work.  I think the problem is that /dev/dsp doesn't exist,
> although when I did "modprobe snd-intel8x0" it created /dev/snd/controlC0
> and /dev/snd/timer.

I think the easiest solution may be to find a spare PCI sound card (older
and more likely to be supported) and stick it in this computer.

Would the onboard sound hardware interfere with it or would udev probably
put the additional card on /dev/dsp?

Thanks,
Adam