Re: problem with new release of 3.0

On Tuesday 17 May 2005 09:10, j smith wrote:
> in this new release, i have to type "mount /dev/hda5
> /dos" each time i start Debian. "mount /dos" does not
> work, error message says "Mount: /dos is not a block
> device", though fstab is properly configed, see
> attachment

Nope, it's not.  Have a look at the layout a bit more closely, and the order
of the lines you've added, vs. the order of the lines that were already
there ;)

Hint: it thinks the directory you want your device mounted at IS the device to
mount.

--
Lee.

Please send replies to the list, not to my email address.