Permanently Unload Module

I'm encountering a problem with the ohci1394 module, which is causing system instability and general slow performance. I do not need the module, nor am I particularly concerned with the problem it's causing, because after rmmod ohci1394 the system performs fine.

I've done some searching on the web, but I am unable to find a working method to automatically unload the ohci1394 module upon bootup. Can anyone provide some insight into automatically unloading modules?

~ mp