Re: Network scan

on Mon, May 16, 2005 at 12:53:58AM +0300, Alexandar Angelov (alexandar_angelov@mail.bg) wrote:
> Mark Roach wrote:
>
> >On Sun, 2005-05-15 at 00:39 +0300, Alexandar Angelov wrote:
> >
> >>Do you know any command(script) to scan range from 192.168.35.1 to
> >>92.168.35.255 and return if port :80 , :21 and MAC Addr.

> >nmap

> MAC?

MAC address is Ethernet, not TCP/IP.  ARP (Address resolution protocol)
is what binds MAC and IP addresses together.

You're only going to see MACs for local network segement.  For networks
beyond the local network, you've only got IP.  I don't know offhand of
tools that will query for MAC, though these may exist.

Peace.

    Obviously it's not going to be trivial to run GNOME apps outside
    of GNOME.
    - Adam Hooper, clarifying the topic of GNOME interoperability