Re: About Sarge's bootup

Lee Braiden wrote:
On Monday 16 May 2005 11:02, Carl Fink wrote:

Why is it a "problem" and why do you want to stop it?  It isn't hurting
anything.

I consider this to be "broken" too. It slows down the boot process, and the messages are misleading, giving the impression that something is going wrong. I haven't got around to removing it from my laptop yet, but on another machine I just installed, I'm just skipping the whole hotplug thing and loading what I need manually.

Well I'm Okay that this "accident" is not hurting the bootup procedure, but It's looking quite bad ! And, you know, I wasn't planning to stop it if this was dangerous for my system ! I just asked myself if this is a current debian process !
However thank you for your answer